Being able to effectively track employee time and attendance is fundamental for any business but the strategic benefit that comes with it is so often overlooked.
The right Time & Attendance solution should:
- Provide key insights to inform a company’s Business Strategy
- Address the demands of today’s workforce to maximise employee retention
- Work wherever the employee works – on any device and in any location
- Free up HR & Payroll’s time so that they can be proactive rather than reactive to employee needs
The need to fill in timesheets can feel burdensome for employees. They might leave filling them in until the end of the week (or often later) resulting in inaccurate time input. To be able to make strategic decisions from the data, it must first and foremost be accurate.
Therefore, systems need to be both easy to use and easy to access. With more employees working from home or remotely, the ability to have systems that are flexible to the demands of a more mobile workforce should be central to any time and attendance solution. This study looks at the key factors affecting workplace efficiency and how to address them with a particular focus on:
- Company culture conflicting with technology: Only 1.5-3% of enterprise software solutions are dedicated to workforce management despite 70% of an organisations total operating cost being their people (source Gartner and the HCM Institute). See how HR can address this disconnect and untap the potential with the right Workforce Management solution
- The importance of agile systems to maximise accuracy: Working from home or on the move is an increasing norm for many employees. Systems need to cater for today’s digital workforce
- Reducing employee absence by making it a key performance indicator for the business: Freeing up the time of the HR & Payroll department and providing actionable insights to address more fundamental issues surrounding employee absence should be a key requirement when selecting any Time & Attendance solution